is a community based around your school, managed by your teacher. You can read and write stories, send email to your classmates, and your teacher can sign your class up to work with other classes...in other schools...all around the world. Sign up to now and join in!
- Collaborate with other classes - in other schools
- Write stories with other children.
- Work with people in other countries.
- Talk with your classmates and new friends
- Email your friends safely
- Work with your friends to write stories
Thank you for your interest in Kidscapism.
The site is designed mainly for schools to manage reading and writing activities for the children at their school.
Most of the site's facilities (for sending and receiving (pretend) email, and for any class activities) are not available until your child is joined to a class by a teacher at their school.
When your child is signed up by their teacher:
- they cannot be contacted through the site unless the teacher approves this.
- they do not have a real email address
- they can only communicate with others at their school
- they can only communicate outside their school with a class that their teacher has formally linked up with.
- their teacher can switch off the child's access to the site (for example outside school hours)
What can they do?
- learn the basics of email using this secure internal system
- write stories and share them with their classmates
- collaborate with others in producing stories - of any length or style
- respond to tasks set by their teachers
- read stories written by teachers
- become the star of the stories
If you have any concerns or wish to suggest the site to your child's school, please see their teacher, or contact us here
We have made some technical changes - if you are having trouble logging in, please clear cookies from your browser.
by on 29.3.13
Please note that the Getting Started Guide is being updated almost daily at the moment - the latest section has details on setting and maintaining students' targets.
by on 3.3.13
Most aspects of the site are now up and running. Some parts of the story writing facilities need a little review and redesign - but basically OK.
by on 9.2.13
We hope you are enjoying our new Kidscapism, with much more emphasis on teachers managing the creative work of their classes - including setting targets, success criteria, and students getting feed
by on 4.11.12
Please keep up to date with new stuff here, and do contact us with any requests.
by on 4.11.12
We currently have a few classes looking for someone to work with. Initially this might be some basic email contact (safely, securely) between students in the two classes.
by on 4.11.12